Friday, February 2, 2007

The Storm That Didn't Really Happen:

It was beautiful this morning; with huge white flakes falling down enough to cover the back yard completely. We got about three inches. But so far the ice storm has failed to materialize. I am so happy about that. It was a cold and miserable day once the freezing rain started; then the temps went up to above freezing and stayed that way most of the day. So the snow is about gone now.

I slept most of the day away. I could not get warm. My pain level went almost through the roof. My hips were so bad. My ankles too. I had to do a lot of stretching today to walk okay. Everything was so tight and tender. Fibro is something else. I also have another low grade fever; it is probably the inflammation in the joints.
I almost made a terrible mistake though. I let Johnannes out to pee; grabbed my second cup of coffee around 10 am and went to the bedroom to warm up. I felt tired so I laid down "for just a few minutes". I forgot all about him outside in the freezing rain!!!!!!!!!! I woke with a start about 20 minutes later. I ran as fast as I could to get him inside. He was stuck up against the door as close as he could get and he was soaking wet and so cold.

I got my biggest and thickest towel and rubbed him dry as best as I could. I turned on the dryer for about 20 minutes to warm him up. I feel so bad. If I had not woken just then he could have died out there. I am going to buy a cooking timer for days like this. It was right at freezing when it happened. He is okay though.
I hope ya'll did okay during the storm. I did see the news that Atlanta got some snow too. Is everyone okay?

I found this photo in a travel book that I bought used at the library. I have already posted a few other paintings from photos in the same book. I loved the expression on this boy's face. It is not finished. I need to do some more blending in the face. It does have some deep shading going on. But what an adorable child. It is 8x11 on heavy drawing paper and done in all Derwents; watercolor pencils, Inktense and tinted graphites too.

Angie, have you used Derwents yet? If not, if I ever get a few extra dollars I am going to treat you to a 12 pencil set. I promise.

Tomorrow it is supposed to warm up to the mid 40's so all the ice left on the ground and the streets should melt off.

Love,

Nancy

No comments: