Monday, June 11, 2007

On The Phone This Morning:

after reading through the information about Medicare Drug coverage and appeals. Talked to a sweet guy named Jose at RX America who gave me valuable information about immediate emergency approval for the Oxycotin! Within 24 hours after they receive the faxed copy of a letter by my doctor saying that Oxycotin is the drug that covers my pain and that the other drugs which I have tried to not; I will be able to go to the doc's office, pick up the script and get it filled and paid for by the insurance company. This emergency approval will be good for 12 months.

Fighting government red tape is almost a full time job. Right Dixie? And when one feels awful it makes it all the harder when I just want to sleep and sleep. But I did it. Now the doctor has to do his part.

I have to have some relief; can't live this way.

I pray every day that no one in this family ever gets fibro and/or myofacial pain syndrome; ever. Or suffers Dixie's illness and pain either. Or Rima. Or Jimmy. It is a high maintenance life in addition to the physical pain.

I am tired. I will feel better once the pain is covered again.

Love,

Nancy

No comments: