Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dear Dixie:

You cracked me up. I almost peed in my seat when I read what you wrote about Eric and Allen and rocking on! LOL

My pain doc has changed my pain medication from Oxycotin which is a synthetic type morphine substance. Now I will be on a time released morphine beginning June 5th when the Oxy runs out. I hope it covers me better. The last several months I have been getting break through pain about 5 and 1/ hours after a does. And the other 2 and 1/2 hours I tried to sleep during the pain.

I also am experiencing something new for the past two or there months; spasms. Jerking movements before falling asleep; no matter if it is the day or evening. My stomach jerks in and out and my arms and legs twitch sometimes violently. They don't know what is happening. I am to go back in a month if it gets worse. The doc thinks it might be a side affect of oxycotin. I am also to call them if it suddenly gets worse and call them if the morphine at the dose doesn't cover the pain.

I would gladly change to smoking pot to cover the pain if it were legal here in NC. I will check if it is legal in Ga. Probably not. As it is if I get caught (the pain clinic does random drug testing) I will be kicked out of pain mgmt. I have to go every two months now. I guess I could smoke pot or use that pill for the month before my next visit being without 30 days before the visit. I am going to check it out.

The pain is certainly controlling my life but like you it can't take away all of my sense of humor. Dear sister; you are just too cute for words! And congrats about learning how to upload photos! Now if we can teach the other posters here how to do it too.

I love you!

Nancy

No comments: