Saturday, March 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Dear Baby Brother:


Happy Birthday Eric! I know I am one day early but that is okay.

It was great talking to you on the phone Monday. I loved every second of it. I was also happy to learn that when you were laid up in pain you started using your art again; oil paintings. I would love to see these. Could you please scan them and upload to this site? If you have a problem; you can email me the image and I can do this for you.

Anyway back to the birthday wishes. I can't believe that it has been 52 years since you were born. You were such a beautiful baby and even cuter toddler. Dixie and I had a wonderful time dressing you up in little girls clothing and you were too cool letting us get away with this.

Mom used to say; you were late in learning how to walk because you had two eager sisters at your command. She said all you had to do to get what you wanted was to point and grunt at the same time and we ran to get it for you! Don't even try this at home!

I am so happy that you are my brother and proud too. It has been way too long since we have seen each other and I miss you so much it hurts my heart. I am crying as I write this. I need my brother. I need to feel those wonderful quiet times we used to share when we were kids. We are so close and I miss you.

I do not need to dissect anymore live frogs with you again though. I cannot believe we did this. Well I did it and you watched with utter fascination. I sliced right into that frog's sternum and we got to see it's beating heart. But too bad it did not survive my first and last attempt at open heart surgery. It was a big ole bull frog too wasn't it?

I hope your birthday is a special one and that you have a wonderful day surrounded by your beautiful family!

I love you very very much!

Love your big sister,


Nancy

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Eric, laid up and in pain? Whats wrong? What happened?
Are you ok?