Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Tippy Toed Girl!

I remember the exact moment when I found out you would be soon joining our family. I answered the phone in the kitchen and it was my sister with news that a woman in our family was expecting a baby. She made me guess. I said Susan right off the bat. No. Then Valerie. No. Then Rima. No and I gave up. I was so shocked when Dixie told me that she and Joe were expecting.

It wasn't that it was impossible but we all had been told that is was highly improbable that Angie would ever have a sibling. Well the doctors were wrong. Delightfully wrong. We were all so happy that day and from then on!

I started hitting yard sales for baby items. And I even found some designer sleepers that looked brand new. I went shopping right after you were born with Susan. I bought you a dressing table and a couple of cute baby girl outfits. So did Susan.

What a surprise to us when you started walking. Up on your toes like a ballerina. I think you continued it for so long (months I think) because you got such attention by walking that way. It was so cute. And your calf muscles got to be really built this way. It was adorable. We were all kinda sad when you stopped doing it.

Your parents wanted you so much. Many many years before you were born. Never doubt how much you were wanted and prayed for especially by your parents and your sister. And the rest of your family!

So have a happy happy birthday! I can hardly believe you are 15! I love you!

Auntie,

Nancy

No comments: