Monday, April 16, 2007

Finally The Mural commission:



Day 5: Worked heavily on the mermaid; she is almost done. Painted the first coats on the foliage behind her. First coat on beak done. When Gayle came home this afternoon I had already painted one hour on her hair and she reminded me she wanted the hair to be brown. She did. I forgot. 7 hours today. I almost didn't go today in so much pain! I just took my meds; laid back down with my coffee and waited to see what would happen. 90 Min later I was out the door on the way to her house. My new goal is to be finished by Thursday; I need the money. :)
Day 4
Day 3
I started this last Thursday; spent two hours drawing it in. Friday finished drawing and painted the rock and partial mermaid. Sat. Painted the flamingos and the background. Today worked on the flamingos some more, painted in the darkest of the water and the palm trees. Tomorrow I plan on finishing the flamingos, add more foliage, finish the mermaid and start the waterfall and finish the water in the pond. I should be completely done by Wed. afternoon. This has been tough on my body. I painted the water in the pond and the sand while lying on my tummy. I sure feel it tonight.

So far about 15 hours into it. What do ya'll think about it so far?

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Beth said...

Very cool mom!

Dixie said...

I love it Nancy, thats why your the artist and I'm not. lol
Well not the kind of artist as you.
Well done. :-)