Monday, April 2, 2007

Moving Back to Atlanta:

Hi Everyone:

Jimmy and Beth came up this past weekend to visit me and help me with some things around the house. We chose instead to have long wonderful conversations. It was much nicer that way. And Beth cooked some awesome meals including chicken paella (pie a ya LOL inside joke) with Ceasar Salad that had Beth's homemade dressing. It was good eating and there are left overs.

Jimmy made me an offer that I just cannot pass by. He offered to let me stay in their home rent free for a few months while I try to sell this house and find a rental near their home in Monroe. When he told me I was stunned. My heart swelled with such love and gratefullness I just can't begin to describe what their offer means to me and how it felt to hear these words.

Ava thank you so much for letting me have your bedroom for a little while! I so appreciate it. And I promise it won't be forever and I will never forget it either!

I cried myself to sleep Sat. night with tears of joy, some fear of change, gratefulness and yes even some sadness at having to leave the only home I have ever owned and my garden.

The next few months are going to be tough. I have to declutter my home and get rid of everything I don't absolutely have to have. I will be doing regular yard sales to make some money to pay for this move and storage.

I will miss NC but I won't miss living in fear everyday; fear of having my phone, water or electricity cut off. Having to go to Crisis Asssistance grocery shopping. I am grateful for this but this is food other people were getting ready to throw out and it showed sometimes. I hated going there.

So instead of looking back with dread and all the fearful things that have happened in this house I get to look forward to a new beginning and get to be a part of my children and grandchildren's daily lives instead of some distant Mom and Grandmother no one gets to see. This is a plus a big plus.

I can never thank Jimmy and Beth enough for this opportunity. And for the entire family making this sacrifice for me.

I put an annoucement up on the artist site I visit daily and those people are so nice. They made such wonderful comments on how special Jimmy and Beth are to do this for me. And that it was indeed a new beginning. I even had offers to go to lunch and hang out with artists living in Lawrenceville, Snellivill and north Atlanta. They are planning a picnic for me at Stone Mountain when I get settled in. See things are already looking up!

I get a lump in my throat every time I think of us sitting at the kitchen table Sat. afternoon and Jimmy softly speaking to me..................

Love,

Nancy, Mom, Grandma Cookie

2 comments:

Beth said...

Not totally rent free mom. Remember, you have to do something with our pitiful flower beds. The only thing I do to plants is kill them. LOL!!! Everyone loved their pictures by the way.

Dixie said...

Hi Beth and Jimmy THANKS xxxx