Thursday, April 5, 2007

Letting Go and Moving Forward:

To start off on a funny note; this photo is for the crazy people planning on going camping this weekend with a hard freeze coming. Temps will be down into the lower 20s this weekend. Ya'll are nuts! Jimmy please take good care of that back this weekend. I worry about you! Like a Mom!

At this age in my life; I am terrified of changes. And feeling like I have lost a battle; the battle to keep my home. If I could wiggle my nose like Samatha the witch on the old TV show; some how my house and the garden and everything in it would magically reappear close to the kids. I know a lousy dream.

If I cannot sell this house and have to let it go to foreclosure; I will never be able to buy another home. All of this happened because of the insurance company and the lawyer involved in the lawsuit over my car accident blackmailed me in mediation. Blantantly so.

Their lawyer threatened to reveal in court that I and two of my witnesses are lesbians. He said he was certain he could convince the jury my injuries were a result of being gay, having a son with special needs, loosing a mother to breast cancer.

Those two witnesses are school teachers and could have lost their job here in NC and I could not do this to them. In spite of the fact that I reported this to every agency in NC; nothing was done. Only one person took it seriously, Mr. Peedin who works for the Insurance Commission in this state. He wrote me numerous letters urging me to sue them. I made the decision to take my energy and time to try to work on me and my health. I wasn't sure I could pull it off and this is the result. My credit was perfect when I bought this house. And now it is crap. I can never even buy another vehicle because of this.

I have spent a lot of time feeling angry and resentful of what happened in that mediation.

The latest bad thing is my water heater died last Friday night! It is going to cost $300 for a new one including installation. I don't have the money for this. So I am taking sponge baths. I tried to bathe in 3 inches of water sitting in the tub for two hours. It caused me intense pain in my hips and knees. I have not washed my hair since last Friday.

Everyday is a struggle to keep the utilities turned on. To keep the basic bills paid. To make sure I see a doctor and get the medications I need. To keep the lawyers off my back; creditors are suing the hell out of me. I already lost two cases and have two judgements against me and get calls from the sheriff's office once a month to check and see if I have won the lottery since the last time they called.

So I am trying very hard to make this move with a positive attitude; moving forward to a better life. And it will be. I love all my children with my whole heart and soul. All of them including their spouses and their precious children. Being part of their daily life in my role as mother and grandmother is going to work magic on my health. I know it.

Dixie and Susan, thank you so much for the encouragement and supportive words. It means a lot to me especially right now.

My pain medication finally arrived this morning! This took almost four weeks this time. That nurse that called me stupid sure messed me up. See I have to fight these battles too. I am scared to answer my door and the phone every day.

Looking forward to warmer weather so I can begin selling my stuff at yard sales. I have so save up some money somehow some way.

Love,

Nancy, Mom and Grandma Cookie

No comments: