Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hey Susan and Dixie:

So does these hints mean what I think they mean? That Susan is going to help you and yours get to the Family Reunion? I hope that is what I am picking up on!

The night I read about Susan's generous offer to treat me to the Family Reunion I sat there for hours trying to figure out how to get you and your family there as well little sister. I came up with a plan. I have been calling around and reaching out to people I meet hoping for painting commissions to help you with some $$$. But if Susan is able to help you I will apply those much needed $$$ to the purchase of a hot water heater instead. I so much want you to be there dear sister!

I did get three commissions though. Small watercolor paintings. Enough to pay 50% of the cost of a water heater. I am getting there. One painting is done and waiting for the new owner to pick it up. Two of the commissions are of cats and one a cabin cruiser sitting at the docks.

Angie I am so tickled that you may be coming too.

You guys know that I used to be one of the first in line for fun and games. Sadly those days are over for me. At this reunion I will have to let everyone know right from the beginning that my body cannot stand shocks, sudden movements etc. So there will be no hitting me with water balloons or shaving cream either. I will just sit there and watch ya'll act up and be crazy. I am dead serious. And not trying to be a spoil sport at all.

But I am looking forward to some quiet restful time on the beach teaching some watercolor painting classes to any in the family who is interested. If you are interested just let me know either here on on the phone and I will let you know what materials you will need to buy and bring to the island. Drawing lessons can be given as well. I bet Cumberland Island is a beautiful place for plein air watercolor sessions!

Angie, I love Simon And Garfunkel too! If you come to the reunion don't forget your art supplies!

Sue that was funny about what Mom said about your photos on the walls and the Stones. I never heard that story. Thank you for sharing it. :)

I just hope that I am feeling okay for this Reunion. I worry about that. Stress; good and bad gets me good. I guess I will just have to take it one moment at a time and go to my tent and rest as needed. Thank goodness since I got sick I can now sleep through just about anything. So no one will have to worry about bothering me nothing does when I am sleeping.

I look forward to quiet times and getting a chance to get reacquainted with family and quiet talks with as many as possible. This is what I am looking forward to the most.

Angie, when you figure out how to upload your painting could you help your mom with that? It is so easy!

Okay I am not feeling well today sitting. I have slept most of the day away. My surgical sites are giving me fits. I had to carry in a 22 lb bag od dog food into the house last night and put it away. And now I am paying for it. My lower back is really hurting tonight and the pain killer is not touching it much.

I love you all and cannot wait for the Reunion!

Love,

Nancy, Mom, Grandma Cookie

PS where are you Barbara and Beth? We miss you posting here.

No comments: