Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hello again

I'm back to take another peek at the blog site! How is everyone? Aunt Nancy, you are an amazing artist! I am going to choose a few of my pieces and maybe put them up here if I can figure out how (which I probably can) . I don't have as much experience as you, so mine are more amateurish, but hey, art is art right? Speaking of art, this past weekend I went to the 4 Bridges Art Festival which is held in Chattanooga, TN every year (I hadn't paid enough attention and hadn't heard of it since I've lived in TN) . I don't know how many years it's been going on, but artists from all over the country come to show their work. I saw people not only from the southeast (GA, FA, AL, NC & TN) but also from places like Chicago, Minnesota, Montana, Ohio, etc... There was everything from crafts to fine arts to photography (both digital and old school photography) . Pieces were sold for a wide range of prices, some reasonable enough for someone like me to afford! I loved it. After walking for three hours my feet hurt and I was extremely tempted by the smell of funnel cake wafting through the air, but it was all worth it. I did splurge and have a little icecream I must confess!

I am trying to lose weight. Anyone have any tips? I'm always open to new ideas, I've been reading tons of stuff from different books and websites and sort of conglomerating different ideas. I need something to raise my metabolism that doesn't cost much. So far I've been trying to eat foods that supposedly raise it and also drinking green tea. This is a whole new ballgame that I'm not that familiar with what to do. So far I've lost some weight (about 20 pounds) but I've hit a plateau where I haven't lost any more in about two weeks. Exercising is the easy part for me (even though with my asthma I do get out of breath, but I enjoy it) , what is hard is figuring out what to eat! Everyone says something different!

So what is new with everyone?

Angie

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Your Mommy wonders why U like getting out of breath? :-) Oh I reckon U meant you like to do the work outs. lol
Your doing good Angie. Proud of you. But I'm always proud of you.
I hear the Jam and Grits Diet is a good one. You remember that one.
Where you sit down jam your feet under the table and grit your teeth shut. Oh that ones bad.
Glad you still love my band Simon and Garfunkle. They were the best.
Love Mom xxxxxxxx