Monday, April 9, 2007

Hello Happy Campers!!!!!!!!!

Dear Campers:
I am so glad ya'll had a good time this weekend. And that the kids had a lot of fun too. Did you take any photos? If so, could you please share them here?

I love camping. But don't do it nearly enough. That is going to change when I get to Atlanta. And yes I know how to erect my tent and light the coleman stove all by myself. LOL

I remember taking my kids camping when they were young. You guys loved it too. The best part was getting naked and being washed down in the lake right after dark (to protect your privacy) then your Dad and I would wrap you in big towels and carry you into the tent where we dried you off and put on your clean jammies. We went less than a 1/2 dozen times but I still loved it and then fishing during the day time. And sitting by the campfire telling tall tales after dark. I especially loved taking you girls swimming in the lake; ya'll swam like fish!

We went with three other couples Sharon & Jerry (two kids), Sheila & Bob (3 girls) and Sharon and Sheila's brother and his wife and kids. Sharon and Sheila were fraternal twins. I doubt if you girls remember this though. Beth you were still a toddler.

One of the things I have been thinking about was to start taking the kids camping. The older ones for now and maybe just one or two at a time. My friend Lisa owns two thirds of a mountain top up in the Blue Ridge near Sylva and it is private land and great for camping. So this is where I want to take the kids. Her cousin lives on this land and the house can be seen at night so it is safe. I think it will be fun and a good way to bond with all seven of my beautiful grandchildren!

It is so cool looking out on the Blue Ridge Mountain and climbing up to the top of Lisa's mountain to the ridge and the flat field up there looking for trillium, Jacob's Ladder, wild geranium, and other wild flowers. Lisa's little boy is the same age as Little Jimmy so perhaps when he gets older I can take him camping too just the two of us.

How cold was it up there? Did ya'll like the photo of the frozen jeans in front of the tent? I was belly laughing as I uploaded it for ya'll! Jimmy, how did your back hold up?

This is a WIP of a photo taken on Barb when she was about 16. We went together to Lennox Sqaure to have the photos taken. The photographers were Japanese and they were thrilled to be photographing you Barb, rememer? They kept calling me over to look in the view finder as they were shooting those photos. It is going to take a few more days to finish it. It is 9x11 on watercolor paper and Van Gogh watercolors. right now it is at what artists call the "Ugly Stage". It will get better. I hope. LOL
Love,
Mom, Nancy, Grandma Cookie

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey mom,

Jim's back was fine. I think the exercise helped. I thought the picture was funny, it was pretty much like that too, especially Friday night when it was snowing. I love the pic of Barb, cant wait to see the finished product. I do not remember the camping trips but Barb said something about them over the weekend. She said that I played quietly in a playpen, I wished that Little Jimmy would have done that. He is just not used to being confined, that would not have settled well with him at all. I think he did good though for as cold as it was.