Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wow, can it be true??

Did I actually write two posts before anyone else could reply? This is a first for me! Anyway, I'm back to haunt you guys somemore! WAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!....Does anyone watch American Idol? I do ( last year was my first year watching and I got addicted, it's hopeless ) , but I only caught half of last night's two hour special. This year, they're doing a special thing called "Idol Gives Back" where, for everyone who voted, money will be donated to feed and provide medical care for poor children in Africa and in America. Isn't that cool? Also, many famous people have been giving money to them. I'm not sure how many people made appearances on the show last night, but I saw Divo (the musical group of men that Simon put together), Kelly Clarkson, Ellen Degeneres (how do you spell her name?), Celine Dion and.....ELVIS PRESLEY!!! That's right, for those of you who haven't heard yet, Elvis made an appearance on American Idol last night!! I'm not sure how they did it, I guess it was a hollogram of some sort, but it looked like he was standing right next to Celine on the stage. They took a performance he did from back in 1968. Everybody has been talking about it today I've heard and it's all over I-Tunes, You-Tube, etc... Isn't that so hillarious though? Not only is it funny that Idol went way over the top with putting Elvis on the show, but now everybody has to talk on and on about it? It's so funny how society is, how we all get so worked up over celebrities and stuff like that.

I was listening to Simon & Garfunkel earlier and there is a song that I love (well, I love many of their songs actually) and I think it's called "At the Zoo". Do you all know what I'm talking about? I like their music because the lyrics inspire me and make me think. Is it wierd that I like to either listen to allagorical/symbolic/inspiring music when I'm creating art or if not that type of music, then it's....techno?! Isn't that funny? Techno music gives me energy so it helps when I'm drawing, painting, writing, etc...

For anyone who may be interested, there is a new website out there called God Tube. It's just like You Tube, except it has all kinds of videos with anything Christian (from music to discussion to silly stuff, etc.) So for anyone interested, check it out!

I have two questions now that might be fun to discuss or ponder. 1.) Do you think that we will ever be able to make a decision as a nation to do something about gun control or figure out some way to prevent at least some of these types of things like what happened at VA Tech from happening? Is there a solution? I personally hate guns and wish I could send them off on a spaceship or wave a magic wand and they'd dissapear. 2.) I'm writing a blog on my myspace titled "What Really Matters". What really matters in life to you all? We get so caught up in day-to-day life, endless to-do lists and mindless tasks that we hardly ever--IF ever--get down to doing what's really important, like developing our talents or helping someone out who's in need or who just needs a hug.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

WOW oldest kiddo of mine you are on a roll.
I need a hug too. :-)
I love you.