Monday, January 22, 2007

About Those Eyes:

LOL I think I may have scarred you children for life! For those who don't know this story..............

Everytime one of my children were born, I was excited to see their eyes were blue. And then within a few days (while I was nursing them I could observe closely) each started with a few specks of green and brown but still a lot of blue. By one month, each of my babies had brown eyes. I was a little disappointed that not one of them had blue eyes like mine and Mommas. But not disappointed enough that I wanted to send them back. LOL

I was estatic when Morgan was born with those beautiful blue eyes; a definite throw back to Mom and I because Barb and Scott both have brown eyes.

I have nothing against brown eyes at all I just wanted one of my kids to look like me. LOL

Barbara, when she was about 8 or so asked me about this strange thing; my blue eyes. She was so serious! I told her that my eyes were not brown because I was not full of ka ka up to my eye brows like the rest of our family. You should have seen her face! I quickly let her know I was joking and then gave her a short talk about genetics and dominant/recessive genes. She was relieved!

I was a playful mother to my kids. We sure had some great times when they were small! I wish I could remember them all. I was too busy raising them to stop to take notes. :(

Love,

Nancy

3 comments:

Beth said...

You still did not give the answer mom. Whose eyes are the lower 2 sets?

Beth said...

P.S. At least Jimmy got your eyes. Maybe they will stay blue. They look like they might. Of course, Morgans changed so we shall see.

Nancy Ann said...

Hi Beth:

I did answer on the blog! LOL Go look at the comments on that page.

Oh my gosh I forgot little Jimmy has blue eyes. Doesn't Phyllis have blue eyes too?

Love,

Mom