Thursday, January 18, 2007

Icy Storm:

Dear Atlanta Family:

Is everyone okay over there? I heard ya'll had almost the exact same weather that we had here. The temp barely got over 32 degrees; it started off about 3am with sleet mixed with rain, then changed over to snow and then more sleet. The temp rose and fell around 32. At 3 pm there were icicles hanging off the roof of the porch. Now they are gone.

I thought about ya'll all day and hope everyone made it around just fine. Barb, I almost called you at 7 to see how you were doing, and if Morgan had school today (a lot of schools were closed today) and in general about how bad the weather was. There were so many accidents in the news this morning, bad accidents, a house fire, a police officer hit by a car; I was exhausted and fell asleep.

But I hope you are feeling better today.

I cooked today. I have not cooked a real meal in perhaps over a year. I made a beef soup hispanic style with some mexican corn bread. I put the leftovers in containers and there is enough for three more meals. The soup was awesome and so was the corn bread! I also made some apple cider. That's progress; a small step.

I changed the sheets on my bed; a big project with Midnight and Frankie getting under the bottom sheet and wrestling. They always do this. Ashely waits politely on the floor for a nice clean and warm bedding; someplace new to shed.

I am surprised at how well I feel today considering how crappy the weather is.

Ava, how are you liking the karate class? Are you kicking some behind? I am proud of you!

Well most days I feel like I am in a room alone and talking to myself on this blog. These things go slow at first. But I hope it gets busier other than me.

LYMI,

Nancy

3 comments:

Barbara A. said...

Hey Mom,

The ice was not to bad here. The school closing were more north from here, near the mountains.

It was a nasty day yesterday that is for sure.

Glad to hear you had a good day. It sounds like you got a lot of stuff done. I am proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. It sounds like more than just a few baby steps to me. Keep up the good work, you can do it!!!

I do try to post as often as I can. It is very busy around here as you know with having kids. Zoe is keeping me running all the time. She is so much busier that Morgan was at her age. She wears me out, I wish I had her energy!!

The cold is still hanging around, I don't like being sick. I am not real good about resting and taking it easy so it take me a bit to bounce back. You would think I would learn from it but I can't lay around. It is just not in me to do that.

I am looking forward to spring already!! I don't like winter much, the only good things are a nice fire in the fireplace, holiday times, and spending time cuddling with the family.

Okay I gotta run and get Morgan moving for school. I will write more later.

LYMI
Barb

Beth said...

Hey mom,

It wasn't too bad here. The girls were disappointed that they had to go to school. I wasn't. Sorry I haven't written, things have been hectic around here too. Everything with Nick turned out okay. The doctor we took him too said that he does not feel that anything happened to Nick. He did suggest that we talk to the older kids about things they say and watch around him. I thought we monitored that pretty good but you never know what he might have seen. Kari is being a real b**** so we still have to deal with her. But other than that things should get back to normal. It has been a very emotional week. The doctor was very impressed with Nick and how verbal he is. He said he is a very bright little boy which we already knew but it is nice to hear it from a professional.

I am glad you got a lot done. The soup sounds yummy, eat some for us.

Love,

Beth

Nancy Ann said...

Hi Daughters:

I am glad that the weather didn't hit that hard over there. I was watching on GMA live from Atlanta and it looked worse than it was. We didn't get that much here either. But Sunday, all of us may get hit again. Get thee to the grocery store for bread, milk and beer as needed. LOL

Barb, you have to try to get more rest when you are sick. It does take longer to get over stuff like that without it. Tie yourself to the chair!

Zoe is a speeding little train who is fun to watch but exhausting! I get tired watching her. LOL If we could bottle up some of that energy we could sell it and be millionairs! That is what I used to say about Brian when he was a kid.

The soup was good. Today if I am okay I will try to make a pot of chili mac and cheese. I have a bag of salad to go with it. And some cornbread left.

I bet you were proud when the doctor told you how smart and bright Nick is; and he is! He is very communicative and his future wife will thank you for encouraging him to be so open. I love Nick he is such a cool little boy!

Yeah, kids have a way of hearing and seeing things parents do not know about. Tell me about it. LOL I remember being greeting by the director of the day care where I took Brian a few times a week. It was one of ya'll older friends saying some very grown up things I found out later. Brian pointed to his teacher's fanny and made a comment about what he wanted to do to her there and he was 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was mortified and pissed. We did not talk like that at home.

So I was very puzzled where he learned that word and about that act. And it seems young children have more feelings about their sensuality than we realized.

Mothers have to deal with so much! I think we should all be qualified to be a CEO of major companies after being a Mom!

Please give give Sarah, Morgan, Becca, Ava, Nick, Zoe and Little Jimmy big hugs and kisses from their grandmother and tell them I love them.

I am still working on the second round of letter for the kids. I got two done!

Are these photos on this blog okay? Let me know! Ask Morgan if I can post the picture of him at two sitting on the toilet reading a magazine. :)

Love you all,

Mom