Monday, January 8, 2007

One Thing Helps Me; something so simple:

I know everyone has busy lives. I used to be a young mother too. I used to work too so I know how busy life can get.

But there is something so easy each and everyone can do to help me stay connected to the family and not to feel so alone and isolated. I never dreamt that when I moved to NC that I would get into an accident and not be able to see my family like I want and love.

A simple phone call. It helps more than I can tell you. I would prefer not to talk about what is going on with me unless it is the positive stuff. I got pain, we all know it, it is never going to go away and most likely it is going to get worse. So I don't really want to talk about it over the phone. I mean if something bad happens and it worsens I will let you know. I will call you.

I would rather hear what is going on in your lives. I want to hear your voices. I want to talk to the kids. I want to hear about what is going on in their lives. I can be an awesome grandmother even if it is mostly on the phone.

To my daughters, don't be nervous about calling me to ask advice about the kids; like when they are sick or having a problem. That is what grandmothers are for. And it makes me feel so good to help others.

I am glad that I started this Blog; it keeps me so connected (lovingly) to you all.

Oh and calling every other day or so is good. It gives me something to look forward to.

Ah my scanner went on the blink. I think I know what is wrong. As soon as I get it fixed I will start posting more photos. I have about 15 photo albums. Most of the pictures most of you have not ever seen.

If you want to copy the photos; just click on the thumbnail to get a larger version. When you are to that new page; right mouse click, then hit the Ctrl C key; go to the program on your computer for photos and hit the Ctrl V key and this will put that photo in that program. You can save it and/or print it.

Susan, you have a lot of photos that I have not seen of us all when we were kids. Could you post them? I promise not to laugh. LOL

Love,

Nancy/Mom/Grandma Cookie

No comments: