Friday, January 12, 2007

It's me!

Heya everybody,

I've never done this blog thing either (except for blogging in myspace). So I'm going to be like Mom: "Did I do this right?" LOL You would think that a graphic designer like me would be more computer savvy but I'm really not. I only went into graphic design because I love art and that was the quickest way I could think of to make money doing something I like to do. With that said....How are all of you? Aunt Nancy, this is a terrific idea that you came up with! It's perfect for everyone to keep up with each other...well, at least for those who know how to turn on a computer anyway! Beth, is Jimmy doing better now? Hi Mom, I'm sure you'll read this and be like, Wow! One of my daughters actually listened and got on here!! lol

As for that digital camera that Mom gave me, it still hasn't arrived at the post office. Apparently Atlanta wants to wait until they have enough packages to make their trip worth while to deliver mine to the small town I live in. I guess from now on I should tell anyone who sends me something to sent it through priority mail. Oh well! Hopefully I'll have it in a day or two. I'm doing pretty good. At work lately we haven't had much to do; I guess it's the calm before the storm. Sometime in Feb. we should be starting our yearly catalog that we do each year, which takes a lot of time and effort and keeps us very busy. I work at a shooting supplies place. Don't make fun of me or think that I turned into a hunter! (Not that there's anything wrong with it for those of you that do hunt) I have no problem with people who hunt and eat what they kill, but if I had to shoot the things myself I'd be a vegetarian! I just simply couldn't shoot an animal. Chattanooga doesn't have an abundant choice for design jobs, however, that's why I couldn't be too picky. I only have a limited amount of experience after college too, and some graphic design jobs (usually it's the good ones) won't hire you if you don't have at least 7-8 years of experience.

If I ever get on the ball, I would like to produce more art pieces, learn more techniques, write more poetry and work on my short stories. But you know how that goes. I'm a horrible procrastinator! I have a scanner here at work, so I could scan a few pieces and, if I ever figure out how to put pics on here, I'll show you a few. They're not much. Don't expect them to be as good as Nancy's! lol just kidding. I know you don't judge art by whose is better. I could also post a couple poems, if anyone's interested in sharing those. I know that some of you like poetry too, don't you? I have changed a lot through the years, and most of you probably haven't seen me ever since the days when I acted a lot more shy than I am now. But we all change as we grow older. I haven't kept up with any of you either, so I feel like I need to get to know you guys all over again as well.

Let's see, I can't remember all of those favorites, so I'll name the ones I can recall and make up some!
color - purple
movie - Anne of Avenlea or Star Wars
book - Chronicles of Narnia
beverage - Coke
food - Italian
place - Atlanta
sound - the sounds of nature (especially water running)
pet - my cat Flip-Flop that I had for a long time
passtime - having fun with family or friends (especially my sister) , laughing my head off

Love,
Angie

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Angie,

It is good to see you on here. Thank you for asking about Jimmy. He is much better. His teething is still a bother for him though. I look forward to seeing your art work and reading your poems. Hopefully, my sister will get the nerve to put up some of her poems, she is very talented.

Love,

Beth

Nancy Ann said...

Yes Barbara A. Get with the program. This site is a place to share our talents too!

Love,

Mom

Angie said...

I agree, she should put them up.

Dixie said...

Ty Angie and P.S. you did it right too I see. Well go figure.
Love you MORE
Mom