Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Slept All Day:

I was disappointed I wasn't able to help my new friend today; taking her grocery shopping. This woman has some severe problems with her mid back; some rare kind of spondlyosing. Rima is probably the only one of us who knows what this means. It is two words and the first word begins with the letter a. She can not sit or stand for more than 30 minutes at a time.

I wasn't feeling well last night with a bit of a fever and this morning sneezing. It would not have been very nice of me to expose her to anything. But we have rescheduled for Sat. when it is warmer. I feel so bad for her. After all these years of being ill; almost all family and friends have turned away from her. She has no one to help her even do the simplest of things like someone driving her to the grocery store. This breaks my heart!

I am going to give it my best shot to get over there (40 each way) once a month to take her shopping. She is one fantastic artist and does her work lying down. I know this sounds weird but helping others helps me so much.

Tomorrow it is off to my pain doc for a refill script. 25 miles one way. Then tomorrow night if I can feel okay it is back to Charlotte for the meeting and dinner after. I will do the best I can but that is a long day; driving over 100 miles. So the social thing may get put off.

I have to spend my spoons carefully.

No word from the hotel about the heated pool use. Here is the hotel and the manager's number if anyone wants to call them to help me persuade him into letting me swim there 30 min a day three or four times a week. A pool that is rarely used.

Sleep Inn
Concord
704-788-2150
Jared Bunch
email JaredBunch@aol.com

I am feeling well tonight. I should considering how much I slept last night and today. I went to the Community Free Clinic to pick up my medications. That room was packed full of sick people; and it is a very small room. I hate going there! Medicare kicks in April 1. I could not afford to pay the $25 for this years flu shot. I hope no one there had the flu.

Has anyone heard from Brian? I am going to call him tomorrow night. I spoke to him last on New Year's Eve.

Love,

Nancy/Mom/Grandma Cookie

No comments: