Sunday, January 14, 2007

Today was beautiful outside:

I went to pick up a bookcase someone gave to me. They live way out in the country. I belong to this group called FreeCycle check it out.

It was a nice long drive in the country with some beautiful scenery. I saw a few places I would like to go to paint. Some nice creeks with lots of river rocks, beautiful hardwoods overhanging the banks. Good spots.

The bookcase is still in the truck. I will see if a neighbor can help me bring it into the house. I did not realize how big and heavy it is. I have to drive to my doctor's in Huntersville in the morning. I hope it is out of the truck by then. That would have been nothing for me to pick up years ago. Now impossible.

Still no answer from the management at Sleep Inn. I am really angry that not even a phone call was made to me. How rude! They have no idea how much good this would do for me. Tomorrow a telephone call to corporate. This IS the only heated pool for 25 miles around. Shame as no one ever uses that darned thing.

If someone in the family could call and say they use this hotel when they visit me but will not anymore if they don't let me ues the pool; that would be great. Barb? You said you would love to help me make assertive calls like this. How about it? Thanks.

The sun is going down now on a lovely day. It was actually a little too warm. But so nice. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same way. Then artic air is to come in Tuesday night and stay for a week. Barely getting above freezing during the day. I am so excited. Yeah. Those days make me ache so badly.

Mom

No comments: