Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dear Family:


Morgan, I am sorry to hear that you have a ganglion cyst on your wrist. Those things can hurt a lot. Though yours doesn't hurt now most likely it will down the road. So you made the right decision to have it removed. Especially since you are taking guitar lessons; that cyst could make playing the guitar hard.
Like I said on the phone tonight; if you need to talk about your concerns about the surgery you can call anytime. And your mother is right; this surgery will be a breeze compared to when you had your tonsils taken out!
I will call you when you get home Friday. And hope the doctor does a terrific job. Your mom told me you like your doctor. That is very good.

My friend Gayle is doing pretty good. She got out of the hospital late Sunday afternoon after having a femoral popiteal graft done. She had some bockages in those arteries but the blot clot blocked them completely. Yesterday I drove her on her post op errands. Her kids live in Virginia. They came down on Thursday the day this happened and left not too long after she was discharged from the hospital. I am perplexed by that one. How did they think she was going to drive herself to the normal post-op doctor's visits and to the pharmacy? Well it is done and she is doing very well.

The weather in this area is terrible. Such a long standing cold spell; deep bone chilling aching weather. I am hybernating through it as much as possible. It hurts too much to be awake all the time. I wish I could move to a place like Costa Rica permanently.

They are predicting another "wintery mix" which can mean an ice storm on Thursday morning. That also means a run on the grocery stores for bread, milk, beer, etc.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Love,
Mom, Grandma Cookie, Nancy

No comments: