Saturday, January 13, 2007

Weekend Drawing Event


Today I went into Charlotte all the way past the airport to meet a member of the art site I belong to who is disabled.

She is really a nice person. She lives in such a depressing area; a small house falling in and not heated properly. I really like her a lot and wish I could help her. I took her shopping today for food. She has no one in this area to help her. Social services do not help because she can only sit up for 30 minutes at a time. She had to lie down in the back of the truck in the extended cab.

Thankfully she has been accepted for public housing for the disabled and elderly! It was a long and very hard day for us. All the equipment to be loaded and unloaded in and out of my truck. But I feel good that I helped someone out and will do it again every month until she gets moved into the new place. When there there will be employees available to get her groceries for her.

If there is someway that each of us can reach out to help another person someone like Carol to "Pay it forward" like what Oprah does; this would be great! There are far too many people out there in the world living like this.

We want to plan a picnic and drawing sessions in a park when the weather warms up some. I feel sad for her.

Nancy

PS Thank you for posting your poetry Barb!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Mom,

How can I load photos on here?