Saturday, January 6, 2007

Gandolf

HI Everyone,

Gandolf has been going down hill for the last couple of weeks. Going to the bathroom in his bed every night (pee and poo). He can't hold his functions for more than a couple of hours at a time. His hip was giving him a lot of trouble too. So we had to make the choice to have him put to sleep today. I just wanted everyone to know what was going on. It was really hard for us all. Keep us in your thoughts. It feels really strange not having him here. He has been part of our family since before Morgan was even born.

Love to all,

Barbara A.

1 comment:

Nancy Ann said...

Dear Barbie:

I know this must have been such a difficult decision for your family to make. Your words brought tears to my eyes.

You all have done the right thing for Gandolf! The very best thing you could have done. He told you when it was time. And you all listened. Thank you! For being brave enough to do this.

I will be thinking of you all with love today and in the days to come. Go ahead and grieve; give yourself permission to grieve for this very cool and loving dog.

He was a very happy member of your family I know because he told me so during our many private moments together in your back yard. He lived a long and very happy life in your loving family. He told me that too.

I will never ever forget the time Ceasar was having one of his moods when we were at your house. Gandolf was standing at the gate in a pool of muddy water and would not let Ceasar get our dog Linda easily. He just kept jumping up and down in the muddy water as Dalmations do and covered Ceasar with millions of Georgia clay splatters.

On the long way home I kept looking at Ceasar's mud splattered face and clothing and almost wet my pants and muttered "Way to go Gandolf you got him good for being a jerk!" And Barb you were holding Morgan and using his body as a shield so Ceasar could not see you laughing. It was a fun moment!

If you need to talk any of you I am here for you.

Love,

Mom